MCTs are medium-chain triglycerides, a form of healthy saturated fatty acids with numerous health benefits. They’re easier to digest than other types of fat giving them the ability to positively alter metabolism and making them accessible as energy rather than being stored as fat. MCTs are also capable of combating harmful bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites to support a healthy gut environment, as well as containing anti-inflammatory antioxidant properties benefitting heart health, brain health, and weight management.
- Great for increasing your intake of healthy fats.
- Can enhance fat burning by increasing ketone production.
- Immediately made available as a source of energy with very little propensity to be stored as body fat.
- MCTs improve blood sugar regulation and insulin sensitivity.
- Using MCT Oil along with a healthy eating plan can help to maintain a healthy body weight, while sparing lean tissue.
- Gluten-free, vegetarian/vegan.
- 100 calories and 14g fat per tablespoon.
- 16 ounces.
- Store in a cool, dry and dark environment in tightly sealed original container. After opening, product can be refrigerated or stored at cool room temperature. Natural color variation may occur in this product.
- Protocol® MCT Oil is derived from coconut/palm kernel oil that is sustainably sourced to protect our planet and preserve native wildlife habitats.
Recommended Dosage: one tablespoon per day. Start with 1/2 tablespoon and gradually build to recommended dosage over 3-5 days.
Keep out of reach of children.
Caution/Warning: Do not take MCTs if you are a Type 1 diabetic. Do not take MCTs if you have liver disease, cirrhosis, or impaired liver. Do not take MCTs if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
MCTs are safe for most people, however they can cause diarrhea, vomiting, irritability, nausea, stomach discomfort, intestinal gas, essential fatty acid deficiency, and other side effects. Taking MCTs with food might reduce some side effects. Discontinue use if symptoms persist. Do not exceed three tablespoons per day.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
It is recommended that you consult your physician prior to starting this or any supplement. Read and follow packaging labels and/or inserts.